

So this weekend was pretty much awesome. I can’t really think of anything that would have made it better (except having all of you here of courseJ ) Yesterday a great day at the beach and today I went to Hillsong again in the morning, I went to the Macquarie extension campus there was maybe 75 people there and the pastor and worship leader from Hillsong London were here and did their thing. I got back from church ate a quick bite to eat and then I headed off to the Cricket field. I spent the afternoon watching the RMC guys play against the DLC guys. (We lost but it was bogus these guys need an official untainted umpire because they treat these games like the World Series or something) The girls then played the DLC girls which we CREAMED THEM J So I really love cricket! So if anyone wants to learn when I get back I will be more than happy to play with you! I was the wicket keeper because I can catch which was a blast (I would explain it but you wouldn’t get it from my explanation) but I had a couple really sweet plays and a couple of them were set up by the other American girl so the Yankees impressed the Aussies with our mad cricket skills! I then got back and headed straight to the Mac center to catch a bus to the Acer Arena for the Hillsong Live Recording Concert for their next album. I got there and was a tad nervous because I hadn’t left myself enough time with 2 bus transfers and 2 train transfers. I didn’t realize public transport took an hour because of train track work etc. The Hillsong bus was full so I went up to the lady and asked her if she had any extra spots she didn’t but she said that there was a lady with an extra seat in her car. So in a totally UN-Julie move I accepted. I figured I would check it out and if it looked ok I would go. It turned out to be a nice Asian lady and her 15 year old daughter and then two other Asian Uni students that she had met at church that morning. (I figured I could take them all if need beJ) I had really dreaded going because I couldn’t find a friend that had the time to go with me. But I really felt that I needed to go and I ended up hanging out with these 3 gals for the evening which turned out to be a blast and then we went out to a Vietnamese restaurant afterwards and then the mom picked up at the train station and then dropped me right at my door which I had been contemplating/dreading the walk from the bus back to my dorm just because it was really dark and not very populated. The concert was WONDERFUL and I was able to come back and have some really good conversations about it because I was so excited.
2 comments:
Sounds like you have an amazing weekend! Cricket eh? You'll have to share more about it sometime. I've wanted to learn a bit about it since it is a favorite sport of my native country.
Love
Vineeta
sounds like fun, I'm glad the strangers turned out to be nice, Although a picture and story about you taking on 4 other girls would have been pretty interesting
Post a Comment