Mar 27, 2008

March 27, 2008

Today again I woke up before my alarm… Maybe this will be a good habit starting because normally I set my alarm to the last possible time I can get up and then I snooze it for 5 or 10 min. So I woke up this morning didn’t even have to leave my bed I just grabbed my laptop and started typing. I had a paper due that I hadn’t started on Women in Colonial Australia. A very interesting topic not all convicts and prostitutes as you would think. But I had to compare and contrast several articles to an exhibit on artifacts of those women. I tell you my professor is going to think I am probably a crazy feminist. It is amazing I can just pick a mindset and go with it, whether I believe it or not. It is an interesting skill to have. Not always good but sometimes like when trying to write a paper that the teacher doesn’t care what side I take it works out well. It is also interesting because Uni here goes by word count and not by pages. So here all my essays thus far have been 1000 words which equal about 3 pages maybe a little more where as at Wooster they are like 5-15 pages. I think I like this a lot better J I got my paper turned in then we had soccer training for our game tomorrow against DLC (our rival dorm) then a “nice” dinner which is what you see pictured.. I didn’t really eat much of it because the lamb was more of browned lamb’s fat. So I had some rice and some lovely raisin bread for dinner then I headed off to the mixed Bible Study where we are studied Galatians 2:11-21 which was very interesting also left some questions because it was pretty deep but good. A lot of stuff I don’t normally think about like with the historical stuff and the implications etc. Good stuff. Now I am trying to get caught up on stuff from home like registering for classes for next semester and writing my SLT letter and finalizing my spring break plans. Oh and if this makes you all feel better it is starting to turn into fall here :( Tonight it was so chilly I wanted to put on a sweatshirt :(

No comments: