Mar 6, 2008

March 5, 2008

Today I had several hours of class. I got back from class at 6 and went straight to Cricket Practice. One of my goals while in Australia is to learn more sports. Cricket was really fun. We are playing a game on Sunday verse DLC which is the other dorm college at Uni. The guys will play the guys and the girls will play the girls. We only had 3 girls at practice and we need at least 8 to play so we have been doing some recruiting. Cricket is actually really fun to play. My ability to catch served me well however the cricket ball (it might have a technical name but whatever) is really really hard so it hurts like none other when you have to catch it. And I learned/attempted to bowl (which is the pitch to the batter) which is somewhat similar to a fast pitch, pitch but not really because your arm has to be locked and you go the opposite direction like a windmill. My first one was good but after that they kind of went all over the place. But I just need to practice more. Laura and I decided to run back to the college which was very nice. It actually made me want to do more running. It was probably like a mile maybe a little less or maybe a little more… I really don’t know J but it was great fun!
This photo did actually not just come out of no where. I have had the Australian song "Give me a home among the gum trees With lots of plum trees, a sheep or two, a kangaroo. A clothesline out the back, verandah out the front And an old rocking chair..." stuck in my head today and when I walked back to the dorm I was singing it and was like Oh... A Gum Tree!

No comments: