Mar 10, 2008

March 10,2008 - And Still Singing


“The SAME power that conquered the grave lives in me, the same love that rescued the earth lives in me.” – Hillsong 2008

“You are stronger, You are stronger sin is broken you have saved me
It is written Christ is RISEN Jesus you, are Lord of all” - Hillsong 2008

I have had these two lyrical phrases in my head all day. They are great! I love the words. In the last week or so I just have been reminded of the fact that it all comes back to the Gospel. All of Christianity, church, our relationship with Christ comes back to the fact that Jesus died and rose, he didn’t stay dead. At the concert last night we also sang a older song I belive a Keith Green song and we just sang the chorus but I am totally blanking on what it was. But the words were so simple but so deep. We don’t always need deep intricate lyrics to be reminded of Christ. A simple “It is written, Christ is Risen,” might be all we need. Well this week that is all I have needed. I having been going though the book of John again and it has just been very refreshing, like I have never read it before. I started the morning out with a prayer group at 8 am which I am so happy I got up for. It is definitely a great way to start out the day. I ended the day with my friend Steff (pictured) who also plays the guitar. We were jamming to some backstreet boys and just chatting it was very nice. She also let me borrow her guitar earlier in the day and it was just so nice to be playing again.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

hope all your hall mates love your music as much as I love the acordian next door:)

Anonymous said...

I liked the definition of simplicity from Strongs Greek and Hebrew Dictionary (which is what your paragraph describes perfectly)
G572
ἁπλότης
haplotēs
hap-lot'-ace
From G573; singleness, that is, (subjectively) sincerity (without dissimulation or self seeking), or (objectively) generosity (copious bestowal): - bountifulness, liberal (-ity), simplicity, singleness.

Anonymous said...

So great to hear about your walk with Christ Julie! HE IS ALIVE, and so is THE WORD!

Paul said...

its nice to see other people commenting, I was beginning to think you didnt have any friends! just kidding!

Vineeta said...

Keith Green is one of my favorite artists. Doran has pretty much all of his songs. Don't know if I told you but I got a guitar for a graduation present...its taking me forever to get the hang of it. I'm really working hard at not giving up.

Julie said...

Yes I have other friends :)

Vineeta that is very exciting!! It gets easier :)