We attended Mass at the neighboring towns Catholic Church because the pastor rotates through the towns normally but he obviously couldn’t be at 3 different places at the same time so they do a combined service. We went with Bre’s Sister and her four kids plus all of us so when we got there the only seats left were in the front row which was interesting for me so I spent a lot of time watching her sister next to me for cue’s when to sit, stand kneel (I just sat their awkwardly) go to the front (yet again I just sat their awkwardly) sing ( I didn’t know the song) respond ( I didn’t know the responses) It was kind of nice actually to be the outsider. It was eye opening. One lady thought I was one of the sisters of their family. We then headed to dinner at a café next to the church where when we were ordering everyone went and then the waitress/owner got to me and I ordered Bottled Orange Juice and I didn’t even have it out and she was like “Where is that accent from” So obviously I still stick out like a sore thumb. Then Bre and I headed to the beach to go swimming with her cousin Katie. We met up with a couple of Bre’s friends then we headed back to her house for Tea (dinner) then I had a lovely several hour conversation with Neville and Bre’s brother on Wars, History, Planes, America etc. It was fun I learned a lot. It is interesting to here Australian History from an Australian not a professor or a text book that shapes it a certain way. It was nice to get a different point of view. It was very similar to the convo’s the Brezicha’s have at the dinner table with Dad, Gpa and Andy just about Australia. You would think by now I should know enough about planes to hold my own in a convo but I don’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment