Last night, was our last night with our beloved campervan. We had an ocean view but didn't reallly get to enjoy it because it was raining pretty hard. But oh well we sucked it up we are from hearty stock. Todays agenda was to visit Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo. Which was wonderful and there was no crowds because of the crappy weather. We got to feed the elephants and hold a Koala and pet a Kangaroo with no lines. We were just dripping wet. We then returned the van and got a hotel in Brisbane where we proceeded to turn on the news to find out it wasn't just a little rain. If we hadn't had put in a 12 hour day of driving on Sat. We would not have made it back to Brisbane in time for me to meet up with my group and Jennifer to fly out because the road (There is only ONE) was flooded in several sections and the town next to the one we stayed in (the one Jennifer wanted to stay in) was exacuating all of their caravan parks.... So We were blessed to not be stuck. Or as also we saw one of the overnight boats we contemplated going on had hit the reef and washed into an island and all 30 of the backpackers had to be air lifted of the yacht. So Just wanted to let you know if you hear the weather we are fine just a tad damp. Though I am heading back to the "Sunshine Coast" with my group tomorrow though I believe most of it was suppose to pass by tonight.
So thus sadly ending the vacation part of my month and starting the "school" part. (Though I guess it is more Orientation then School.)
Love you all, and Hopefully when I get to school I will be able to get all those missed photo's up :)
Julie
3 comments:
have fun with the many weeks of orientation! Glad to hear things are going well and you are keeping safe!
Never a dull moment for you huh?!
Thanks for the updates so far... you have been busy! How is the accent coming along? HA HA
I will check in often here, or as often as I can... did you get my email?
Jules,
Wow sounds like you have a friend looking over your shoulder! Jennifer posted her photos from the zoo and those were amazing! Hope orientation is going well!
Post a Comment