Feb 24, 2008

February 24,2008 Sydney Bike Ride


I went on a four hour bike tour of Sydney this afternoon which was nice to see the sights but long, and I'm a tad saddle sore. Becuase I had to be in Sydney at 2 and it is about an hour bus ride I decided to take this opportunity to visit Hillsong Church. Which was an interesting experience. It is amazing the difference perceptions of Hillsongs from the US compared to that of Australians. Or at least the Americans/Australians that I have come in close contact with. You just can't think of it as a "normal" church... Which gets me into what does that mean. Why do we think the way we do it is right? Church today and church 30 years ago looks very different and no one says that the church of 30 years ago wasn't really "church"... Just some thoughts. I bought a ticket (Which is refundable at concert) for the Hillsong Live Concert where they are recording for their next Album... (Yes I put that in just to make Becka and Briet Jealous:)
I came back to school (It was a fiasco trying to get back on a bus system that pretty much shuts down on Sun. evenings + me not knowing the bus system) And we had a movie/picture show of our O-Week. Where I found out that my team won the Scav. Hunt (Which is a big honor within the college :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

I love that you are wrestling with "church"! How fun to see the Sydney Opera house (I've only seen it in Nemo)! :)

Anonymous said...

As you know people can be genuine and often times they are considered abnormal, or "not the norm"! Normal is a word I have eliminated from my list of adjectives except when I am taking my temperature! HA HA HA