Feb 6, 2008

G'Day From Australia!

So I most definetly have a picture for each day but finding internet is not so easy here. So I will update with pictures once I get to my dorm and don't have the little clock counting down at me!!! :)
Jennifer and I are having a great time the Camper Van is going wonderfully. Last night we stayed beside the beach where we left the doors open so that we could look directly out onto the water and listen to the waves crashing in! (Pretty Much the best night ever) I have already taken 4 Gigs of pictures so No Worries they will be coming.

Lets start with the flight........ Oh man Why can't a vacation ever start out stress free. For the sake of time lets just say there was delays my 5:00 flight left at 8:45 and I got to SFO with about 20 Min. before my flight to Sydney Left. Jennifer was already there so I called her and all she said was RUN!! SO with my Laptop in my messenger bag and a fully loaded camping backpack that stood above my head I took out running through SFO with Crocs(not such great running shoes) it was probably about 2 miles by Jennifer's estimate. When I got there my lungs were burning!! I got on the flight and My heart was pumping so fast it was intense but I made it!!! So we get to Sydney and catch our connecting flight to Brisbane Uneventful Tight but ok... and we get to brisbane and oh wait they have lost my luggage oh and not just mine Jennifer's also!!!! So we decided to go on because they actually had no idea where it was.... So We drove to Noosa Heads and Spent the night which was nice and beautiful and then we woke up and Qantas told us they had found it but it was in Brisbane and it would probably get lost again so we drove the 2 hours back because by then we NEEDED clean clothes We had been wearing the same thing for like 2 days (not so nice) If i didn't like the shirt i would burn it!!!
We then drove about 6 hours each day stopping at beaches and doing fun things. (I only have 8 min) left so we will leave it at fun things and then Today we got to Townsville where we took a ferry to Magentic Island where we hung out at the beach and drove a Moke (its a car from the us that was like the original Dune Buggy that they don't use anymore) It was fun !!!
Lets see It is really warm about 90 degrees or more plus humidity.. The drive up to townsville is kind of like driving from WA to CA with lots of different climates and landscapes!! And oh the Joy of Jennifer Driving on the other side of the road and in a bus no less (pretty much)
Thats it i am out of time
Love, Julie

1 comment:

Paul said...

Good to hear you made it and that it wasn't a boring trip. Australia sounds beautiful and I guess while you get to enjoy the sounds of waves outside your door, I'll just keep enjoying the parts of drunken conversations outside of my door!

peace.
paul

p.s. go easy on those pictures, 4 gigs in one week? that pretty impressive, but don't forget to put the camera down and just enjoy the sights without trying to capture them all