Feb 21, 2008

February 17, 2008

I slept in till like 11 which was a tad late because I awoke and found a schedule saying I had stuff to do at 10 but oh well. Maybe they should have slipped that note under the door earlier. So yet again I walked into the cafeteria to find seat but this time it was all fresher with their parents so I just picked a table. I sat with a really nice family. Then I set up my internet and used my spare time on that. At 3:00 I had an all dorm meeting which was great because I got a chance to meet everyone and my dorm has like 25 fresher and there or only like 30 fresher in the whole college so it is great because they are even more awkward then I am. And I made friends quickly because everyone had on there I am here to meet people face J so it went great we played soccer, which apparently I pronounce wrong ;) and then had dinner and went to church. It was a commencement service so it was really nice and what else is there to do on a Sunday night so after church we got changed and went to a pub. Yeah it seemed a little odd to me also. But I have come to the conclusion that not only do I not have the desire to drink but I also can’t afford it which is a good thing. But it was a good time at the pub but a little weird to go there straight from church. Though I have come to the conclusion that Australians dress up way more than I do…. So thongs (yeah they still call flip flops thongs) are not acceptable dress in pubs and you need to not wear like tank tops so I am kind of screwed in the outfit department. Luckily I through in one pair of closed toed shoes. I didn’t have my camera with me till I got back to my room so this is a shot of my unpacked room. You would think with all that original free time I would have gotten settled in but oh no J

No comments: