I woke up and started editing my papers. I had them all turned in by 3:30 and they weren’t even due till 5 (See I am not a procrastinator) then I got ready for the evening. It was RMC’s Valedictory/ Farewell Dinner. It was great fun I gave a short speech which was good and just enjoyed being in the company of good friends and we took lots of photos! Here is my Speech (yes its that short it can be on here.) “For those of you who haven’t met me, my name is Julie Brezicha, JB, Brezichacha, or yank depending on who you ask. I have been at Menzies for one semester and I have learned so much from my time here. Before coming to Australia everyone would be like why did you pick Australia and my response was because they speak English. Little did I know that in fact Australia doesn’t speak English but another language all together. I have also learned that I am a sepo or Septic tank, thank you Johnny Williams, or that everyone needs to “fire up, Fire up!” Andrew Sylvester, I have learned that all American athletes are cheats thank you Simon Massey and that bonds jocks come in all colors. I have also learned that some people play touch footy just to get a feel. But most of all I have learned that Aussie’s make great mates. I have loved every minute of this learning experience and I hope you all think of me when the Star Spangled Banner is playing at the Olympics and America is taking home all of the gold’s like usual” Obviously there are a lot of inside jokes, but I think you can get the idea. I figured I had to go for the laughing angle otherwise I would cry and I refused to do that, though I almost did when we all circled around the dining room holding hands and sang Auld Lang Syne.

1 comment:
very nice speech, nice comment about the Olympics!
Post a Comment