Apr 27, 2008

April 21, 2008 & April 22, 2008

I woke up at 6:00 because I could here Steve’s family chatting and we were going to go riding at 7 before the camp kids got up. So we went out and it was super fun. We did some trotting ( I unknowingly did some cantering on accident) We saw Kangaroo’s hopping through the fields. We went back up to his Grandparents to see if our friends were suppose to be meeting had rung because there is no cell phone service out there and our friends were still hours away so we took out the Ute(pickup truck) to go Muster Sheep which was an experience. The Rams were head butting each other so we left them and got all the other sheep in the paddock and went back for them and Steve asked me to get out and open the gate as he rounded up the rams. And he did it just to get a good laugh because I go skipping across the field to get to the gate as he is running two rams at me and I was afraid they were going to come after me and he is just in the Ute laughing. But in the end they all end up in the pen and I wasn’t hurt :) We then headed back into town its 70 kilometers away to pick up our friends because they wouldn’t have been able to find his farm since it is like drive 30 k then turn right onto this dirt road for 10 k etc. with very little signage. So we picked them up and they followed us back out.
Steve and I headed out for his farm in the Snowy Mountains. We left at 5:30 am and drove for 6 hours. We spent the day visiting his family and catching up on local on goings etc. It was fun. We spent the afternoon at his Aunt Kerri’s Horse farm that had 30 little kids there for Horse camp. Then we headed back to his Gma and Gpa’s House for dinner and to watch the man from Snowy River.