Apr 26, 2008

April 12, 2008 Break... Here we come!

I woke up at 5:30 for our 6 Am taxi which made for a short night because I didn’t go to bed until 2 am. Then Angela, Diana and I headed for the Sydney Airport and we caught our flight to Cairns which is in the Northern part of the east coast of Australia. It was super warm when we got off the plane which was so nice. We dropped off our backpacks at Gilligans the Hostel we were staying at then we changed into shorts and went to a nice café for lunch. After lunch we walked around a Saturday market and I did some shopping then we headed down to the Esplanade where they had more vendors of fruit, jewelry, clothes, art etc. set up. We bought some McDonalds Soft serve which is $.50 a cone which is pretty sweet and we hung out and just looked in all of the souvenir shops. For dinner we went to a Mexican Restaurant which we were all excited about because we hadn’t had real Mexican for 3 months. This was close to real Mexican food but not quite there. Then we had dessert and Gelato went back to Gilligan’s our Hostel and played cards. We were going to go to the bar but then we decided we didn’t want to stay up that late because Dianne had to be up early the next morning to go skydiving.

No comments: