Apr 26, 2008

April 16, 2008, How Santa Visits Australia

I parted ways with Angela and Dianne today. They left at 4am to catch their flight to Brisbane where they were going to see stuff I had already seen and hang out with one of Angela’s friends from U of Washington. I slept in because my flight didn’t leave for Alice Springs until 11:30. I stopped at a used book store to find a book that could keep me occupied on the plane and if the tour I was traveling with wasn’t to exciting. So I bought Phillip Yancey’s “Where is God when it Hurts?” Together with “Disappointment with God”, when I got to Alice Springs it was just like the movies. It is a small town in the middle of the outback. Everything is rock and red dirt. I spent the afternoon in “town” and I went into every single shop I believe. I was looking for some cool souvenirs. I found a couple. I went back to the hostel and read my book because I found it really interesting. I had wanted some light reading but none of it sounded vaguely interesting where as Phillip Yancey’s book was deeper then I wanted to go on my trip but it was so interesting and started so many conversations it was really neat. I headed to bed early again because I had another 6 am pick up.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It looks like the kangaroos are packing, does santa need bodygurads down under?