May 4, 2009

April 28, 2009 - Amish Country



For InterVarsity this year I was on the Stewardship Team and it was a great group to work with. Not only to do ministry together but we just enjoy hanging out with eachother. Thus to end our year out of our team of 5. Two are graduating and going on staff with IV and our staffworker is moving elsewhere to serve God elsewhere. So we decided to celebrate by going to Amish Country. We are about 30 minutes from Amish country yet we do not make the most of it. One of the highlights of Amish Country is Heini's Cheese Factory. They do free samples of there over 30 different kinds of cheese. I could not handle 30 different flavors but Paul and Zack definetly had every flavor. It is kind of a badge of honor. We then spent the afteroon browsing 90% off christian book stores, Amish quilt shops and cheesy tourist shops.






The team
Kelly and I will be the ones remaining next year to carry on.
They carried all kinds of bulk seasonings that were a much better price and quality then you could find at Wooster's only other grocery option... Walmart.


A "Picture" of cultural insensitivity
On the way back to Wooster we stopped by OARDC. It is the Ohio State Agricultural research and Development Center. (I think but that is the gist)
Annie has been waiting for the trees to bloom and they had. She then presented us with special gifts I received a wonderful tea set that will be a great story one day of my good friend Annie Michaels.

No comments: