Oct 14, 2009

October 6, 2009- The Bachelor Filming

7 ladies Signifying Jesse's 7 sons who were not chosen
Our Host
Eowyn is our Texas Girl, she is a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

We have been asked to create and perform a skit for InterVarsity's Ohio's Great Lakes East Fall Conference. I'm not quite sure how we received this honor but it is a little intimidating because we have to perform our skit for 200 people. I'm not really a skit person, I have never really been in a serious, well acted skit. The passage we are basing it off of is 1 Samuel 16. It is where Samuel is sent to anoint the next king after Saul. I wasn't excited about a live skit for 5-7 minutes so we decided to do part of it as a video.
I couldn't really picture what it would look like and Julie L. suggested we do something like a beauty contest, so as I thought about it her great idea got adapted.
I was in Starbucks studying the passage and dreaming about what it could look like and The Bachelor came to mind. That Samuel would be the Bachelor, the seven girls would be 7 of Jesse's sons and the 8th son David would actually be one of the camera crew. Because like David is the unexpected choice you never expect the Bachelor to choose the camera girl. So we decided to do all the background stuff and the first round of cuts on the screen and the final rose ceremony is going to be live.
We shall see how it goes!