Oct 27, 2008

October 27, 2008 Fall Conference Weekend

Playing Apple to Apples
A Highlight of every IV event is the InterVarsity Press Book Table

Our Group I jumped on the row and then Ben had the same Idea and tackled me.

A "Serious" photo

Greer and Emilie
This weekend was InterVarsity's Great Lakes East Fall Conference (Quite a Mouth full) It was a wonderful weekend of just connecting with our chapter and building relationships with the Freshman and growing our community. I was a student Volunteer/Leader so I led a table during the 3 hour bible study. It went really well we looked at Judges 6,7,8 for the weekend. Our speaker Latina Williams did a wonderful job of bringing the message and getting students to look at idols especially family idols in our lives. For example, The "American Dream" gets in the way of us seeing what God really wants for our lives. It was overall a wonderful weekend! Now back to the grind stone this week I have 2 midterms and 1 assigment and 3 papers due by friday so pretty much every waking moment is scheduled and I am having to unschedule some of my sleeping time and allott it for work :(

No comments: