Jun 27, 2012

May 19th, 2012- Roundup

Roundup Fundraising BBQ
When people would ask me about how I was feeling about organizing the Roundup my typical response was. I love it I get to throw a huge party with a purpose.  It ended up being an awesome event. Really nothing could have gone better. It isn’t the first time I have planned a party because I have been planning get together/vacations/youth group events since I was in middle school. I love planning events that bring people together but this was my largest undertaking thus far.

The entire purpose of the Roundup is to get people to catch the vision of what we are about at Youth Dynamics and Stonewater Ranch.  We want to Roundup new volunteers, donors, and increase investment in the ministry.
While I was leading the charge for the event it is something that could not have been pulled off without our excellent staff team. Everyday leading up to the event I was thanking God for who he brought to this team. We were all busy as our summer staff training started just days after Roundup but still our staff put in the effort to pull this event off. 

Roundup included Childcare, Whitewater Rafting, Horse Rides, Helicopter Rides, BBQ Dinner, Program, and Square Dancing. Yes all of that in one day! 
I really enjoyed organizing the event and before the day was even half way through I was already making lists of how we can do it better next year.   
If you weren’t able to make the Roundup this year you should put it on your calendar for May 18th, 2013 because it is going to be a party with a purpose that you don’t want to miss.


No comments: