Aug 16, 2011

July 2, 2011- A Working Ranch

 One of our stacks got a little wonky.
 It is all hands on deck when it comes to bucking bales.

Jared, Tim and I cleaned up all of the gear, debriefed the trip and then we had about a half hour before our help was needed. I had felt this pull all week as I saw other staff members out in the fields all day and into the evening haying and bucking bales. I value relationships but it is hard for me to see other people working and not help. But I was on a trip and my job was to be building relationships with students not bucking bales. But the trip was over and we needed to get the bales up before a large group came in so it was all hands on deck. That and a lot of our staff have extreme hay allergies. They had been fighting the allergies all week so it was nice for those of us without hay allergies to be able to take over for them. We bucked bales for a couple of hours and then I decided to hit the road for Oly. I didn’t want to wait till the morning with 4th of July traffic so at 9pm I headed out. Needless to say it was a long day as I pulled into mom and dad’s driveway in Oly at 1 am.

No comments: