I went to work expecting it to be a normal day but instead Becca called to see if I wanted to go backpacking... when oh in 2 hours...
So I finished up the pressing matters and quickly packed up what I had and met Becca and Kady at Cole's Corner. They were super great and added extra food and clothes so that I would have everything I needed since it was my first backpacking trip.
It was a GREAT trip! We did it in 3 days. We went up Aasgard Pass. It is about a 2,200 foot elevation gain in 3/4 of a mile. I didn't take any photos because I was not willing to carry the Nikon the whole trip but these are some of the other people's photos and when they post the rest of them I will put them up. But for now if you want to check out this useful link from wikipedia you can see where I was at.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enchantments
The first night we slept down on the far side of the lake
The hiking poles came in really handy coming down because when you have that much elevation you have to come down that much and it was switchbacks which the poles helped to take some of the stress of of my knees. On the way up I just strapped them to my pack.
It was a fun group of YD Adventures staff. 3 of us from the Washington base (Stonewater Ranch) and then Ryan and Susan from the Idaho base. What better way to learn how to backpack then with 4 people who have spent the last few years guiding high school students with YD Adventures.




No comments:
Post a Comment