Nov 4, 2009

November 1, 2009 - Fall Conference

This past weekend was the Ohio Valley InterVarsity Fall Conference. (that is quite the title) over 200 students from InterVarsity Chapters all over Ohio joined for a weekend of worship, refreshing, exposition, and bonding. It was a really fun weekend. One of the most exciting parts of the weekend was that the Urbana 09 worship team flew in from all over North America to be with us. We were their last audience before Urbana. It was pretty exciting! It made all of us really excited for Urbana which is coming up in December. For those of you who don't know what Urbana is it is a Missions Conference that is put on by InterVarsity and is held every three years. It use to be held in Urbana (thus the name) but it has since outgrown that venue because it now brings in about 20,000 people so they have had to move it to St. Louis. It will be my first ever time in Missouri so I am excited about that.



The Wooster and Akron Crew


Our chapter has this joke about me and headlamps because of Zack and Paul. For some reason Ohioan's just don't understand the headlamp. So whenever I get the opportunity to show of my Pacific NWness I do. Which wasn't hard this weekend. We had a bonfire that had died before we got there.... thus no fire just some coals. So I got some paper and got it going again. Not a big deal but apparently some of our friends would have just gone inside and forgotten the whole thing because the fire was out.


I went early to Fall Conference to help set up because I had a truck and these sheets of plywood needed to be transported. Also I was given the responsibility of making them stand and be walls that wouldn't fall over on the students. Apparently, only a few people there really knew how to use a saw and drill and those who did had other tasks to complete. So David and I built 3 of these walls for prayer stations.
This is what Wooster likes to call a human bagpipe. All the schools do a cheer like OSU does O-H-I-O which is so overdone and we don't really have a school cheer we instead make ourselves sound like bagpipes and "sing" Scotland the Brave. So in the cafeteria Ben held Eowyn and I held Meredith and we were the bagpippers with everyone singing. It is quite the spectacle.

No comments: