Sep 15, 2008

September 15, 2008 Hurricane Ike hits Ohio

It is amazing to think of what Hurricane Ike is like in Houston because it was crazy just the risidual effect of Ike that hit Ohio.
The wind was crazy! Everything was blowing everywhere. Soccer Goal posts blew across the field and were up on end caught on trees.
Branches were down all over, Large trees toppled over. and the power was out for about 9 hours.
It is different when the power goes out in a house because there aren't any back up emergency lights. Luckily Jennifer made sure I was outfitted for Power Outages so I found one mag lite and then went through my storage stuff and found batteries and my other lights. I think in the end I had more flashlights then the rest of the house combined. (It was really obvious that I don't like the dark;)
However Sadly, Classes weren't canceled and some of the students last night filled the arch with downed trees and branches. Probably hoping that classes would be cancelled.

It is a bad week for maintence because not only are they trying to make our campus all spiffy looking for Parents Week PLUS they just announced that Vice Presidential Canidate Joe Biden will be visiting our campus on Wed. as part of his and Obama's campaign tour. So of course they will want our campus to look all nice.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

no way a hurricane hit OHIO! I haven't seen a tv in weeks

Julie said...

Well the Hurricane didn't HIT Ohio we just got all the weather effects. Like wind, Power Outages downed trees, etc.

Jessica said...

Did you see my pics of the Highland Games?