Jan 25, 2011

December 12, 2010- Removing the Dreads

The dreads lasted for about a month. I just decided that I wasn't willing to commit to them long term so it was time to brush them out. Because with the full on commitment came the very likely chance that I would have to shave my head at some point... and needless to say I was not willing to do that.  They were fun while they lasted... and I am glad I did it but a month was plenty. Dreads were a lot more work then my normal hair.  It took two people five hours to put them in and it took me 5 painful hours to RIP them out, and RIP is not an over exaggeration. I took some random photos during the arduous process but it wasn't something I really wanted to remember. By hour 5 my arms were burning my scalp was super tender and I was starting to fall asleep while I was ripping my hair out. 

So I will start with the putting the dreads in photos since I just received them from a friend. So first you rinse out all the shampoo residue because that can create build up inside the dread then you part it and divide it like so.
 Then you have 2 friends spend 5 hours with dreading combs backcombing those individual parts and it ends up looking a little crazy!
 Then in my case I wore them for a month then decided to remove them because I was not willing to commit to dreads long term. Thus you have the removing process. There are a LOT of differing opinions on dreads and the ability to take them out. Well from vast experience (5 hours of ripping my hair out) I am proud to say that in the early stages dreads can still be removed but it is a very PAINFUL process.
 First layer down.
This is the aftermath of hair that was removed...


On a side note it took almost two weeks for my scalp not to be tender. And my ponytail is noticeably thinner. Would I go back and not put them in....? Nope it was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you're not dreadful anymore huh?
I am so stoked for Jeopardy!!! OMG Watson the artificial intelligence vs. the 2 biggest money winners in the history of Jeopardy! Feb 14-16 live!!! You have no idea!!!