Dec 17, 2010

November 3, 2010- Mailbox

 I like the big picture but I also really value the little things that show extra thought or care. So when Greg mentioned that the mailbox needed repainting I was all over it. Luckily, Kady was excited about it as well so we took on the project. It was much more time consuming then we thought it was going to be but well worth it.

The mailbox still said ABR because it is one of those little details that isn't important when you are trying to get an adventure base off the ground but now that all of the 'big rocks' are being taken care of the little things can get attention.
Its the little details that make something special even though no one other then the mail man and us will ever really see the little YD symbol on the flag.


On a side note since I am a little behind on my updating I am sad to have to inform you that the mailbox has met the snowplow and needless to say... the plow won.... so we will wait to see how it fares for the rest of the winter. But it still will at least be a beat up new mail box instead of a beat up old one and we have learned that we need to use a different kind of paint for next time. Maybe just using what we had on hand wasn't the best idea. :)

No comments: