Every year I pick a new theme/design for the tree. This year was simplicity because I was flying out on the 26th and I knew that my sisters would be left to take it down and wouldn't be excited about taking down and intricate tree.
Christmas Eve is a big day in our family. We start out by going to the Early Christmas Candlelight service at church so that we can have dinner with mom's parents afterwards and open all of our gifts to eachother. It is amazing how things change as we get older. Growing up Christmas Eve day was killer because we had to look at the presents and know we still had church to sit through. Now I was really looking forward to the service and when we got home from dinner we actually debated just leaving the presents till the morning because we were all tired. What has the world come to that we are too tired to open up presents! In the end tradition won out, plus that would have just put more stress on our Christmas morning.
Some women get spa gifts from their husbands... others get yard tools.
Mom had the great idea of getting Jennifer and Andrew's first and second years of life transfered from old reel film to dvd's it was so fun to watch.




No comments:
Post a Comment