Aug 19, 2009

August 1, 2009- Seafair Weekend












Aug 1, 2009 Seafair I started out the morning by taking my motorcycle riding test. The DOL opened at 8:30 and I had already decided if I didn’t get started by 9:15 I was leaving the test without taking it because I wasn’t going to miss a day at the lake for a riding test. But it worked out perfect. I got to go first because no one else did and I passed 100%. The reason I was in such a hurry was because we were headed to Mercer Island and on Sea Fair weekend you have to be on the island before 11:45 otherwise you are stuck on the mainland because all of the bridges are shut down to cars. We got there with a little time to spare so we waited for the rest of the family and then we headed to one of the bridges as pedestrians. For Seafair the reason the bridges are closed because the Blue Angels perform and they are so close to the bridge deck it is not safe to have anyone on also cars would get in lots of accidents. But they open up the bridge for people to watch and the planes fly fast, low , close together, and in great formations. After a wonderful performance by the Army’s acrobatic team we headed back to the lake to cool off. It was different then normal because it was all adults and the lake water was as warm as the pool. I think this is the first time ever I have hung out in the lake just to be in the lake and then we set up the net for pool volleyball. What a great day

No comments: