

Well not literal tear drops but kind of figurative ones.The pictures pretty much explain everything...
I went to Scheide the music builiding on campus to practice with Annie for our Large Group meeting worship. While we were getting set up my guitar fell over in its case. It was kind of like a lumberjack had fallen a tree but it was my guitar. So I was like No worries that is why we have cases.... Well not so much... I opened the case and the strings had gone crazy and I looked at my Guitar and saw this... The neck had split...Sad day for Julie.
I went and had it estimated and it will be at least $100 just to get it glued which will may or may not hold and will always look broken. The guy at the Music Store (Wooster only has one) told me if it were him he would replace it... You kind of think going into these places that they are trying to just get you to buy something but he was like I think you should go home and sleep on it and then come back and I will help you out.
So I am in the figuring it out process... Do I try and replace it, repair it, repair it myself and see if I can make do for the next year because I am not going to move a guitar all over the world... Any suggestions would be helpful. (Oh I wouldn't do it myself but I have a friend that is pretty good with repairs)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Julie that is sad! I love your guitar! If you were here I would try and fix it for you with some high strength quick bond epoxy glue, only after I fabricated a stylish mending plate for the back side of the head. Then once it was all secure I would have to refinish the head and it would be vitually invisible. I am so sorry about this mishap! Happy Easter....
He is risen indeed!
Thanks Darrin, I knew you would feel for me :)
It is just a good lesson in Consumerism and that it isn't always about having everything look perfect but being satisfied with what you have and can afford :)
Post a Comment